Creating a Positive Company Culture
Developing a positive company culture is the key to success in any industry, and that includes the construction industry.
Nurturing a high level of achievement among employees comes down to two fundamental truths: People want to be appreciated, and they want to be part of a team, to feel included.
Accomplishing this can be achieved by following these simple rules:
- Always say “we” rather than “I.” This is an easy way to reinforce that you are a team.
- Say “please” and “thank you.”
- Remember, the most important person for your success is not your boss, but your subordinate. Titles are over-rated.
- No one person has all the answers, and you should be wary of people who think they do.
- The contractors’ graveyard is filled with people who can build but can’t count. Every decision is a business decision, and every person is a businessperson.
- Barriers and roadblocks should be seen as opportunities.
- Stay open to new ideas and suggestions while maintaining a great work ethic.
Your employees will perform at a higher level than even they believed possible when they are treated with dignity as part of your team. Your business reputation and workplace satisfaction will also benefit from the positive company culture that you have created.
Philip E. Vega, President
Contractors & Developers Bonding